[3830] CQWW SSB EA3KU SOSB/15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EA3KU SOSB/15 HP
From: ea3ku@arrl.net (ea3ku@arrl.net)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:24:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EA3KU
Operator(s): EA3KU
Station: EA3KU

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1794    37      148
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1794    37      148  Total Score = 644,355

Club:

Comments:

RIG : IC775DSP + PA 400w out ( second day ).
Antennas : KT34XA up 13 mtrs fixed to USA , 2 ELE QUAD up 17 meters.

I plan to take part in SOAB's category on 21Mhz LP, and this way I was during
the first day. But due to the poor propagation conditions , I decided the second
day to start my PA and 400 watts to use. I used a lot of time the first day in
multipliers' hunt in search and pounce mode, and the second day to being
calling. The first day I had to rest 3 hours after the food since me a great
headache appeared. Due to the great quantity of signs and it occupied that was
the band, during great part of the second day I was calling around the most top
end of the band in 21440 khz. I am very satisfied with the result in spite of
them poor propagation conditions and I believe that if I had used every
available hour of spread and HP during the whole contest could have reached the
border of 2000 q's.