[3830] ARRL 160 N1LN M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1LN M/S HP
From: n1ln@arrl.net (n1ln@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 06:11:18 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN + (CLUSTER)
Station: N1LN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 911  Sections = 76  Countries = 11  Total Score = 166,344

Club: Pesky Texan Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to everyone that helped me break my previous high score.   Even those few
that don't seem to understand QRL and the ones needing to install W8JI's key
click mod.

The band conditions seemed great for South Texas.  At times I actually felt
"LOUD".  The new Inverted-L is here to stay.  I was able to hold a frequency on
Saturday night for almost 5 hours and was quite surprised to get a few calls
from Europe.  Not bad from STX.  That was equaled on Sunday morning when I had a
mini-JA run. It was only 16 Q's long, but that is 16 more than last year.   Have
I mentioned that the new Inverted-L is here to stay??  The big question of the
contest for me.... where did San Francisco and Puerto Rico go?   Must have left
with the Yukon!

Rig:
FT1000 MP
Ameritron AL1500
Inverted-L @ 85' with 4 elevated radials @ 6' (Thanks to K5NZ for the design)
Beverages: 570' EU, 270's to JA, VK, SA

Have a safe and Happy Holiday Season - hope to work you on January 26/27.

Bruce - N1LN
Conroe, Texas