[3830] ARRL 160 N5TW M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N5TW M/S HP
From: n5tw@igg-tx.net (n5tw@igg-tx.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 07:39:31 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N5TW
Operator(s): W5TA, KE5C, N5TW
Station: N5TW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 33

Total:  QSOs = 1081  Sections = 76  Countries = 14  Total Score = 200,520

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was the contest last year that inspired the need for an "OMNI mode" on my
new 4-square - the thing worked just too well to hold a frequency/be heard on
alternate coasts.   Enter the "OMNI-IZER" that WX0B cooked up for me for the
W1AW/5 effort last summer - the difference was huge and we ran in OMNI mode
almost the entire time.    Band conditions were mercifully quiet and we had 6
more DX stations in the log including some Eu and Ja.   We made about 15% more
QSOs than last year and beat last year's score by almost 25%.   I'm betting that
scores will be up big time with the conditions.   Thanks for those that worked
us and for the ARRL for sponsoring the contest.