[3830] ARRL 10 WC4H SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WC4H SO CW HP
From: fcg@mailman.qth.net (fcg@mailman.qth.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:32:12 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WC4H
Operator(s): WC4H
Station: WC4H

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Miami, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 7.6

   CW:  628    95
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  628    95  Total Score = 238,640

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I don't know about this score. This is what CT Win comes up with but it looks
too high.  It shows 628 Q's, 44 Countries and 427 Sects.  Looks like it counted
each state everytime I worked it as a multiplier.  So by CT's count my score
was: 1183152.  LOL.  So the the 95 mults above is 44 countries plus 51 states
and provinces.  All Q's 4 points.

This was not a full blown effort but I managed to work 7.6 hours.  The first two
hours yeilded 225 Q's and some rates close to 200/hr which helped when the rates
dropped.

Saturday night was fairly unproductive and brought the overall rate down.

Sunday was a faily good day.  The overall average was 83 Q's per hour which was
not bad considering the low productivity on Saturday night.

Overall, my Sommer beam acquited itself quite well.  I was running about 1KW but
made several Q's with about 25-45 watts.  That's when I forgot to take the amp
off standby mode.  Hmmmm maybe next year I'll do QRP for 10.

Worked several FCG members.  This is my favorite contest of all. Probably
because it was the first one I ever worked way back when.

73
Carl