[3830] ARRL 10 KE8RO SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KE8RO SO Mixed HP
From: ke8ro@arrl.net (ke8ro@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:37:00 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KE8RO
Operator(s): KE8RO
Station: KE8RO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  292    55
  SSB:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  295    57  Total Score = 124,320

Club:

Comments:

I started just hoping to finish my WAS award as I only needed four states to
complete it (only working on it since 1988!).  I had to work Friday night so I
missed that part of the contest and after arriving home at 0700 hrs on Saturday,
I turned on the rig to some pretty awesome signals.  I worked part of Saturday
and then finished after I finally crawled out of bed on Sunday.  The band was
really excellent here.  Plenty of super strong signals from all directions.  I
wish I would have been able to give it my best in a 36 hour run.

Complaint Department:

I don't normally use assisted but since I was not submitting this for any bottom
end awards, I decided to use the webcluster.  So many spots with callsigns but
no state or province listed!  This is the days when callsigns could be anyplace
and it sure would help if operators would start putting the states in their
spots for some of us who really like to snag the multipliers!  It was neat to
see the spots roll in.  Some serious internet bandwidth this weekend!

Highlights:

I was extremely happy to work K2LE (VT), AA4V (SC), W4NTI (AL), N4NO (AL), W4DEC
(AL), KM5G (AR), K1KD (VT), to complete my Worked All States on 10 CW!  Cards
are in the mail!!  I did not work any rare DX other than a few new band
countries.  I see Alaska was well represented in this contest. I had a hard time
finding AK in CQWW!  Great seeing everyone from that state in this contest both
CW and SSB.

States I missed; WY (K7GB was gone before I could work him on CW), ND, and DC.
I only worked 48 countries during my stretch over the weekend.

Bands were outstanding and I had a great time for the short period that I
operated.  Thanks to all for the contacts and those for the new states.  I wish
everyone a great holiday season and the best of DX in 2003!

73,
Phil KE8RO