[3830] ARRL 10 K4RO SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4RO SO Mixed HP
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (k4ro@k4ro.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:13:01 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   CW: 1290   141
  SSB: 1136   133
-------------------
Total: 2426   274  Total Score = 2,037,464

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

One radio, one amp, one KW, one VFO,          IC-765 / AL-1200
and two negative-gain tribanders.             2X Mosley PRO-57A

What a blast.  I didn't even start thinking about this contest
until Thursday, and decided right before the start to go mixed
HP to see if I could beat last year's score.  Conditions were
good, and I felt like my operating has improved some over the
last year. I just missed making the Top Ten last year; perhaps
this year my score will be good enough.  Thrilled to break the
2-million mark regardless.  Hopefully my improving accuracy will
keep the score above 2 meg after the log checkers are done. This
is also a new single op QSO record in any contest from my home
station.  Thanks to K4WX (N4ZZ) for keeping me motivated, and
to all of the Radio Ops who called in.

73,

-Kirk  K4RO