[3830] ARRL 10 N2NL(@K1PT) SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N2NL(@K1PT) SO CW HP
From: n2nl@yahoo.com (n2nl@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:18:08 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: K1PT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 30+

   CW: 2384   150
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2384   150  Total Score = 1,431,600

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

FT1000MP (W/ W8JI key click reduction mod - interrested for any reports on my
signal)
Omni VI (barely touched - not able to get enough antenna separation on the 1/4
acre lot)
Alpha 76

C31XR @ 60ft
3el @ 26ft NW
3el @ 26ft SE

   I got on after Paul, K1PT, had to leave town due to an emergency.  He was
totally gearing up for a serious effort, including the installation of the 2
small monobanders for the contest.  Fortunately the problem cleared up and he
was able to fly home Sunday.  Thanks, Paul, for again letting me play from your
station.

   Saturday night was a blast, and I was able to experience FL E-skip for the
1st time.  Opened with a 173 hour.  I followed it up with a 172 hour on Saturday
AM into Europe.  It went downhill from there.

   There's been a stomach virus making its rounds down here and I had my turn
this weekend.  I started feeling ill in the afternoon, and ended up shutting
down a little early Saturday night.  Looks like I might have missed some more
E's as a result.  Got home and spent the night puking, ETC, with a high fever.
When I left to go back to Paul's I had a 103 fever.  Fortunately immodium AD
works, otherwise I might have had to take my Big Gulp cup trick to the next
level.  Sunday was a total drag as I had no energy. It was brutal in the
afternoon.  I had a 20/hr - I simply couldn't find anyone who wasnt a dupe and I
went nearly 20 minutes of CQing without a caller.

Had some good stuff call in.  Lots of deep UA9's Saturday AM, and a VU each
morning.  I'm sure I missed some easy stuff because it was difficult trying to
use the sub VFO to find stuff.  Lots of stateside stuff - I only needed VY1,
VY0, VE8, VO2, and R3 for the sweep.  KS stations everywhere - I wish this rare
stuff would give the NA Sprints a try.

73, Dave N2NL

HOUR      10    HR TOT  CUM TOT

   0   173/25   173/25   173/25