[3830] ARRL 160 KG0US Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KG0US Single Op HP
From: kg0us@arrl.net (kg0us@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:36:16 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KG0US
Operator(s): KG0US
Station: KG0US

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 792  Sections = 73  Countries = 3  Total Score = 121,296

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

No 1/4 Vertical Towers
No Beverages except Diet Pepsi
No Loops

Just a Alpha Delta
DX-A - 160-80-40 Meter 1/4-wave Twin Sloper - A top low frequency DX
antenna. Combines the tremendous DX firepower of the 1/4-wave sloper with
the wide bandwidth of the 1/2-wave dipole. One leg is 67 ft., the other 55
ft. Installs like an Inverted-V with ground return accomplished thru tower
or down-lead. $59.95

Apex mounted 35' up on a 40' Tower.
The 160 meter portion of the antenna favors the southwest.  I would change
it if I had a real yard.

Oh yes, Steve K0OU was gracious enough to let me use his TL-922 amplifier.

Looking back, I probably would of made 800 plus QSOs but I got into too many
fights over frequency.  People were brazen about just coming on and CQ on an
occupied frequency.  Most of the time I could not spend much time trying to
dig someone out because I would hear a strong ..--.. then within a
millisecond they would be CQing on the frequency.

Anyway, it was fun and I increased last years QSOs by over 50% and last years
score by over 78%.

Dave KG0US