[3830] ARRL 10 CT7BOP/QRP(CT1BOP) SO SSB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 CT7BOP/QRP(CT1BOP) SO SSB QRP
From: geral@campodeflores.com (geral@campodeflores.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:07:56 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: CT7BOP/QRP
Operator(s): CT1BOP
Station: CT1BOP

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: PORTUGAL
Operating Time (hrs): +-20

   CW:
  SSB:  652   120
-------------------
Total:  652   120  Total Score = 156,480

Club: GPDX-PORTUGUESE DX GROUP

Comments:

Thanks everybody!!
One of my amplifiers is in CT3 and the other one is off. Hi Power was impossible
for me this time. I had a birthday party on saturday for lunch so...Why not try
QRP for the first time?
It was incredible what we can do with 5 watts. My antenna (a sommer XP804)
perform fantasticaly. A lots of fellows didn't believe that I'm using only 5 W.
Portugal is one of the best locations for arrl contests, there is no doubt about
that. I'm located near the Atlantic Ocean in a very good location. I missed, but
heard, ZL1ANJ, AP2, VK, HK3, FM5... but I worked JA, HL, 7P, 9Q, TF, VE7, FY,
P4, TR, 5U, 4X, 8P...
For me, as for K7SS (it was nice talk with you during the contest), "Life is too
short for QRP". Next contest I'll return to Hi power. See you in CQ 160.
P.S. Thanks for your patience when I repeat several times my call; by the way,
my best rate was 67 qso on sunday (16:oo Z). Soory for y english.