[3830] ARRL 10 W5MX SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W5MX SO CW HP
From: bydal@kih.net (bydal@kih.net)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:33:32 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Ky
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   CW: 1625   154
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1625   154  Total Score = 1,001,616

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Started of with some good JA runs Fri night. I really liked some of the scatter
Q's from the meteor shower, added another dimension of fun to the contest! Had
great runs on Saturday early and throughout the day to EU and NA. The condx Sat
night were also good but had commitments with the Xyl and another couple. When I
made the plans, I figured things would be pretty much over by 8pm local time.
MISTAKE! I was alarmed by a fairly low mult count on Sunday morning so spent a
lot of time (perhaps too much?) looking for mults and not capitalizing on the
excellent condx to EU. I did spend a few hours running however, and then back to
mult searching. By the early afternoon things got pretty slow after EU died off.
Then JA's started coming through again but had to quit an hour before the end of
teh contest for the bowling league. Surely missed a few Q's there. But all in
all, it was great and power line QRN stayed low almost the entire contest for
once! Did my personal best, so it was rewarding for me. Thanks to all for the
Q's and hope everyone did well!
73's
Bryan
W5MX