[3830] ARRL 10 N6XI SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6XI SO Mixed HP
From: n6xi@arrl.net (n6xi@arrl.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:12:31 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6XI
Operator(s): N6XI
Station: N6XI

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Truckee, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   CW:  487    88
  SSB:  302    88
-------------------
Total:  789   176  Total Score = 449,152

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had a terrible time sustaining rate this year. Just didn't feel as loud as
usual. Then power went out Saturday afternoon as Northern CA was belted by a
horrific storm. Winds as high as 134 MPH were clocked on nearby ridges. It
wasn't that fast at my place, but I lost a tree, a vertical and five days of
power. When I finally secured the premises and lowered the tower the rest of the
way, there were only two hours left in the contest. Finished up with generator
power. Man-made noise was blissfully absent during those two hours as power was
out all around me. Only managed about 14 hours of operating. The good news is
that my new tower and horizontal antennas survived the snow, wind and ice just
fine.