[3830] TBDC N9NE Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TBDC N9NE Single Op LP
From: n9ne@arrl.net (n9ne@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:30:35 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oshkosh, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:45

Total:  QSOs = 124  Total Score = 534

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Score needs recheck before log submission. Working W1BB takes me back to the
late 1950s when, as a new conditional licensee, I had a QSO with the man himself
- Stew Perry. As I did not have gear for 160 metres then, it must have been on
40 or 20 CW. I do remember vividly the large manilla envelope I received in the
mail some days later that contained a QSL and many pages of information about
himself and his accomplishments. I was impressed! Sadly, that packet has gone
the way of my comic books and baseball trading cards (sob .... why did you throw
them out Ma?) Do any of you remember getting his mailing?