[3830] TBDC K9DX Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TBDC K9DX Single Op HP
From: jbattin@msn.com (jbattin@msn.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:49:43 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9DX
Operator(s): K9DX
Station: K9DX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN52
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 452  Total Score = 1,611

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Last year I went to a cocktail party ... started the contest late at 10pm, and
as a result had a terrible score and the worst busted call rate in the world.
The XYL is not too happy about it, but we did not attend the party this year.

Band conditions were poor, domestic signals were down, nothing heard from
Japan,and Europe was very spotty with ON4UN,DF2PY, and EA6ACC peaking with good
signals for a short time. VK6HD was in the noise, but ZL3IX and ZS6UT were very
solid.
The contest was operated from my remote site 35 miles from the house. The
beverages and the 9 element array helped me hear some of the weak ones.
73 CU next year.
John K9DX