[3830] RTTY Roundup NO2T Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NO2T Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:01:54 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:    3
   40:  232
   20:  414
   15:  193
   10:   67
------------
Total:  909  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 65  Total Score = 108,171

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Assoc (BARA)

Comments:

Ice, rain and snow cut into my operating time. Antennas all iced up and very
high SWR. 80 meter delta loop kaput. Found out on Monday that the Coax had
broken loose from the matching network. NG trying to load a piece of coax.
Arcing wiped out an antenna tuner, and caused the TR relay in the amp to freeze
in the Xmit position. Thank goodness for two radios + antennas. Made minor
repairs while continuing to operate.
    The bottom line, I got tired and couldn't maintain the required effort.
    Wish I had been able to get on 80. Looking at the HCS's, 80 was a very
important band in this event. Will make sure that I have a backup dipole for the
WPX.
    Thanks for all the QSO's. Sorry if I seemed to be coming back slowly at
times. It is hard to scrape, tin and solder while operating.
   Anyway the station is back on line. All items repaired. Just have to figure
out where I can find a place to run a 130 foot piece of wire for 80 meters and
get some height.
               73  Happy New Year and the best dx to all of you de Jerry NO2T