[3830] NAQP CW WB0O Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WB0O@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WB0O Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:11:03 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: WB0O
Operator(s): WB0O
Station: WB0O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: N  Dakota
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   24    14
   80:  121    37
   40:  139    42
   20:  206    47
   15:  277    55
   10:  175    45
-------------------
Total:  942   240  Total Score = 226,080

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Ants: TH7@50' SE and TH7@50' SW, 40M and 80M 4-squares, 40/80/160 slopers
Rig: TS930S
Software: NA

  What a great time! This is actually the perfect contest - only 12 hours
long,
mandatory time off for dinner with the family, high rates for everyone, in the
dead of winter with no competing activities. I love making the 5-Band Q's in
2 minutes or less!
  I got home Friday AM after a month of working in Arizona. Flipped on the
OMNI-VI+ and it made a sizzling sound and shut down. Spent 2 hours trying to
figure it out, but it still sizzles and shuts down when turned on. So, this
was
a SO1R effort with the trusty old TS930S. I'm sure it cost me my goal of 1K
Q's. Last year I had 970/247/SO2R and conditions sounded better this year. I
told my wife I didn't think TenTec could get it fixed and back before the CW
Sprint, and I may have to buy a shiny new rig next week. She didn't say much.
  The temp at the start of the test was -19F (windchill -40F), with a high of
-8F, back down to -15F at the end. The shack is in the garage, with just a
small baseboard heater. The Alpha sure heats thing up more than the 930S!

CU in the Sprints, 73, Bill WB0O