[3830] NAQP CW N6ZZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6ZZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:29:40 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6ZZ
Operator(s): N6ZZ
Station: N6ZZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   75    34
   80:  131    41
   40:  215    47
   20:  201    45
   15:  267    49
   10:  212    50
-------------------
Total: 1101   266  Total Score = 292,866

Club:

Team: Azenmokers 1

Comments:

Another interesting NAQP....conditions were excellent.  One of my TS850s was
sick, so I borrowed a TS450. It was somewhat of a challenge to figure out where
the 450 was transmitting.  However, it was still a fairly effective SO2R
setup.

I missed some good 20 meter time due to one poorly-timed break...the band was
past its prime when I got back on.

There was one storm cell that developed over New Mexico Saturday evening,
and of course it had the nerve to park over my house with about an hour
to go.  All of a sudden I started getting snow static.  Then I noticed a
few lightening flashes.  Strongly debated quitting, but even with the
racket from the storm, signals were great on 80 and 160, and I could
still hear well enough to keep putting contacts in the log.  However, my
antenna system for the second radio doesn't have any kind of lightning
protection on it, so as a partial attempt to appease the storm gods, I
disconnected the second radio for the last 45 minutes of the contest.