[3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:03:22 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:  116    37
   80:  108    43
   40:  160    42
   20:   97    43
   15:   63    32
   10:   62    32
-------------------
Total:  606   229  Total Score = 138,774

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Team: MRRC #4

I missed the first 2 1/2 hours playing bridge with my wife, and took off 2310
to 0140 to go out to dinner and watch the end of the Steelers game.  I
estimate I missed 10 to 15 easy multipliers that should have been worked during

those times, especially the dinner time break.

Only one radio was used.  The 80 meter dipole died in the past week (I
finally had the daylight and motivation this morning to look at if, noticed a
break in the open wire about halfway up).  I used the 80 meter sloper, which
seemed to have some erratic performance with an effect on the quality of my
signal (too much RF feedback or arcing of some sort?).  After a while I kept
it down to 20 watts or so on 80; things then sounded normal in the receiver
sidetone, though I'm not sure if it worked around the problem or just made is
6db less annoying.