[3830] CQWW CW P40A(KK9A) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, p40a@iguanavilla.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P40A(KK9A) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:44:55 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P40A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: P40A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   68     8       14
   40:  385    19       61
   20:  854    27       60
   15:  863    26       78
   10: 1130    22       62
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The CQWW Phone contest was plagued with problems such as a computer virus, a
dead transceiver and a power failure.  I returned to Aruba for the CQ contest
with a different Yaesu 1000MP Mark-V and hoped that Murphy had left the island.
This time the only thing that broke was the A/C which I was able to get it
repaired before the contest started.  CW is not my best mode, but I knew that
there would be three great high power P4 ops keeping the pileups down to a
manageable level.  I installed my temporary antenna before the contest, used a
band decoder for switching and Writelog software.  I tried to run stations
whenever I could and I'm very happy with my QSO totals. The multiplier totals
are disappointing.  Many Caribbean stations couldn't hear me on the back of
their antennas and on 80m no one could hear me. This was my first CQWW CW as DX
and my lack of experience also effected this total.   It was a last minute
decision to operate this contest and I am so glad that I did.  I had a blast!
Congratulations to P40E (CT1BOH), P40Q (K0DQ) and P40W (W2GD) who all did a
fantastic job from this not so rare country.  Iguana Villa - Aruba currently has
an empty 70' tower and hopefully permanent antennas will be installed later this
year.  Thanks for the QSO's - QSL via WD9DZV.

73,
John
http://www.iguanavilla.com