[3830] NAQP CW KL9A Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KL9A Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:34:08 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KL9A
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: KL9A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Willow, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:
   80:  17     4
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  17     4  Total Score = 68

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

80 meters only at new Top Secret Low Band QTH north of Anchorage.  (TSLBQ)

Spent several hours putting up an antenna for Europe... and of course we didn't
hear any Europe.  Nice aurora to the north while out snowmachining.
Yep, High Power using FL2100B.  Many HUGE sigs on the west coast off the side of
the antenna!  K6AM, KA6SAR, both FB sigs but no copy. :)  K7RI was s9+10 to
s9+20 (!!!) when everyone else was about s5 or s7, and couldn't hear me.  Every
single contest it's a struggle to work a very LOUD K7RI.  Dude, what's up with
that?  Heard many W5/8/9/0 and even a W4, but mostly s0 and no chance for a
qso.

80m was in great shape in all directions except north.  Watch for increased low
band activity from KL7FH and AL1G on the weekends, including 160m, from the
TSLBQ!

Way to go Pat, N9RV, awesome job!

Classes start tomorrow, then NAQP SSB from W7UQ on this coming 3 day weekend.
73,
Chris KL9A