[3830] CQ160 CW NY4T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NY4T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 08:58:25 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NY4T
Operator(s): NY4T
Station: NY4T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): ~5

Total:  QSOs = 202  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 2  Total Score = 17,120

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I just put in a few hours to practice calling CQ on CW, a new experience for me.
Thanks to those who were patient with my slow pace.  Man, I thought the
frequency scrums were brutal in phone contests.  I was squashed like a bug
numerous times by stations who just started calling on top of me or 1-200 hertz
away.  What ever happened to QRL? or just ? or even listening to see if the
frequency is occupied?
I guess might makes right when you are running a kilowatt and the other guy is
low power.  Anyway, next time, look for me in the nosebleed section. On the
positive side, at least CW stations don't use QRZ for their callsign.  I am sure
they would if their call wasn't locked into their logging program macro.
(Stepping down from soapbox now.)