[3830] CQ160 CW K9ES Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9ES Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:01:19 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K9ES
Operator(s): K9ES
Station: K9ES

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

Total:  QSOs = 220  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 10  Total Score = 28,196

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

CALL: K9ES STATE FLORIDA
CLASS: Single Operator

220  QSOs.      532     QSO points
        x       53      Multipliers
        =       28196   Claimed score
Station Description: Icom 756 Pro-2 with Writelog / MFJ-492 Keyer
Antenna(s): Shunt Fed Titan 80 ft tower using Dentron AT-160-10 Tuner,
RX 20 ft Coax Loop with Preamp
Operators:  Eric Smitt, K9ES
Remarks (Biggest thrill in Contest, funniest story, comments, etc.):
Finally working D4 and CT3.  The matching of the tower had serious problems
with high winds blowing the wires around.  The AT-160-10 tuner could not hold
SWR down with the wires moving around.  The tuner was also getting warm
when SWR went too high.  RX Loop could give me only a little RX advantage, but

still could not copy Europeans and most DX showing up on packet cluster.
Contest definitely requires lots of space put up long beverage antennas for
receive.  But with 1/3 acre lot in residential area, have to be happy with
antennas I have.  160 Will not ever be a strong band here !!
Club competion:  Florida Contest Group

MULTIPLIER LIST
NAM:
CT   MA   NH   RI   NY   NJ   DE   PA   MD   AL   GA   KY   NC   FL   SC   TN
VA   AR   LA   MS   NM   TX   OK   CA   AZ   MT   UT   WA   MI   OH   WV   IL
IN   WI   CO   IA   KS   MN   MO   NS   PEI  PQ   ON

DX:
CM    CT3   D4    FM    FY    HI    KP2   PJ2   V3    ZF