[3830] CQ160 CW N7GP(@W7MCO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7GP(@W7MCO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:52:47 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): NI5L, W7MCO, N5IA
Station: W7MCO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5

Total:  QSOs = 1055  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 17  Total Score = 202,429

Club:

Comments:

Thanks for all the Qs, guys and gals.  The first night was great. Conditions
were super with the exception of long haul DX.  We worked 49 of 50 US states in
the first seven hours.  WY showed up about 1200 Z for the WAS in one session.
765 Qs went into the log for the best single night ever for us.

There were not enough stations on the air for the 2nd night.  It was SLOW.  The
elevated A index took it's toll as everything to the east pretty much shut down
after 0700.  Before that we managed to pick up the African counter to complete
WAC.  We were unable to work only three mults/DX that we heard; VO1, PR0, and
EA8.  Overall, the conditons were such that very few Qs were not completed and
"many over" type Qs hardly existed.  The absence of QRN and QSB contributed to
this great statistic.

Minor improvements have been made to the W7MCO station since last year.  Photos
of the antennas, and the ops at last year's outing, can be seen at
www.eaars.com/~n7gp/ .  We will be listening for everyone in the SSB 'test at
the end of February.

73 de Milt, N5IA