[3830] CQ160 CW M2D Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW M2D Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:48:31 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: M2D
Operator(s): G3LZQ G4BYG
Station: M2D

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NE England
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 918  State/Prov = 20  Countries = 67  Total Score = 418,905

Club: Chiltern Dx Club CDXC

Comments:

We need to improve our receive capabilities and for this we put up a flag.Now
need a 15-20dB pre-amp and things will look up. Impressive noise rejection of
the back. Our local AM BC on 1485Khz shares with similar stn 100 miles away. We
are dead in line with both. Our local stn can be nulled out off the back and
allows us to listen to the distant BC Stn in daylight. Both run 5Kw to
T-Antennas.
Contest condx well down after 0300z Sunday am until things began to recover from
2100z so final 3-hrs worth the wait, by then lots had given up.
Disapointing so many NA stns used it as an local test as indeed did many
Europeans. We hrd countless NA stns calling CQ under s9+++ Europeans.That is the
nature of 160m contesting I guess.
At the start we felt great after 1st three QSO's SP7,VE1ZZ,A61AR things must be
good oh dear how things changed by Sunday morning.