[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0OU HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K0OU HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 20:24:42 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   66
   40:  110
   20:  103
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

A new form of RFI showed up - About 20 minutes into the sprint the Police showed
up at my door in response to a 911 call from my phone. Appears my 20 meter kw
RFI'ed my computer and caused it to dial 911!! Took about 10 minutes to convince
them there was no emergency at my house. I cured the problem by unplugging the
phone line from the computer (and turning the drive down on the big Icom)- but
the damage was done- you lose 10 minutes in this one and you can not catch up.
Mults were hard to come by- Iworked all I heard but never heard CT, RI, KY, AR,
NV, UT, IA, VE1, VE2, VE6, VE7, or MO !! Did manage a Q with PY5EG, and LA, and
DE, and MT.
I think I'll stick to CW where I don't wipe out all the TV's and computers in
the neighborhood.
73 de KØOU Steve in MO