[3830] NA Sprint CW KM3T LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km3t@km3t.org
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KM3T LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:32:30 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KM3T
Operator(s): KM3T
Station: KM3T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

   80:   49
   40:   73
   20:   83
---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC #2

Comments:

Icom IC-765 + Kenwood TS-850S
20m: Tennadyne log periodic @ 50'
40m: Hobo half-sloper at 45'
80m: Hobo half-sloper at 45'

First time low power...way tough.  I was also way out of sync and had tremendous
problems with NA and my Dell laptop.  No fewer than 20 reboots due to lockups.
Can't even use TR on this laptop...totally freezes up.  I think it's time for a
new hobo laptop.  And my SO2R stuff didn't work right with NA, so I had to
switch manually.

Sorry to the guys I came back to and then disappeared on...computers suck!  Next
time I think paper may be the way to go.  :-)

But after all that bitching and moaning, I still love getting on for the
Sprint.

-KM3T