[3830] NA Sprint CW K0SR(@W0ZT) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K0SR(@W0ZT) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:11:25 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K0SR
Operator(s): K0SR
Station: W0ZT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   83
   40:  129
   20:  101
---------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Some day I'm going to do this contest right.  My third hour was brutal, I just
couldn't get anything going.  I really got worried when the 9's dropped into
noise and had a lot of flutter.  40 was a zoo with RTTY signals all the way down
to 7028.  And 80 felt empty. About an hour into the contest, I lost one of the
band decoders (hence no antennas) and that got me flustered.  Then the Alpha
tripped out and I didn't notice right away.  I spent a fair amount of time on 80
meters running 50 watts.  These guys have good ears, I guess.  One of these
years I'm going to avoid the stupid equipment problems.  I never heard any
multipliers I didn't work, so I'm pleased about that.  Missed stuff like RI, AR,
VE7, MT, WY.  I had everything in place to run SO2R, and never even tried it.  I
have no idea how SO2R could be done during Sprint.  My hats off to the guys who
can.  Hey Bill, way to go !