[3830] NA Sprint CW K5GA(@N1LN) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K5GA(@N1LN) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:30:33 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K5GA
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:  140   1.5 hr
   40:  126   1.5 hr
   20:   82   1.0 hr
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This score is using 1 radio....2 band changes.

Thanks to K9PG and K5NZ for getting me to consider operating tonight.

I haven't operated a Sprint in about 4 or 5 years ( can't remember actually ),
but what the heck.

This morning, I called Bruce N1LN, who lives close to me, and asked if I could
come over and operate. He said come on without hesitation, but said that he had
not configured his station yet for SO2R. I assured him that was perfectly OK
with me.

This was the first time for me to operate from Bruce's, and I must congratulate
him for engineering a very nice station. Well laid out, organized, and
ergonomically flawless. He promised me that he would have SO2R before the next
Sprint.

Once the contest started, it took a few minutes for me to get back into the
swing of things and get comfortable. But, afterward, I settled in and got into
the rhythm of the contest.

It was fun doing the contest after being away from it for so long. Maybe I'll
get back into the contesting mood after wetting my appetite tonight.

I missed only 2 multipliers that I heard. I was beat out calling them...ZF and
NE.

After 5 minutes on 80 meters, the Delta Loop went infinite SWR, so had to switch
to the Inverted L for the remainder of the contest. Thank goodness there was
another antenna to go to ! Otherwise, everything worked perfect.

Thanks to Bruce and Lori for being so kind to allow me into their beautiful home
with such short notice.

Equipment:     FT-1000MP + AL1500
               A3 over A3 plus Logperiodic.......20
               2el plus sloper...................40