[3830] RTTY WPX SX1R(SV1XV) SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sv1xv@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX SX1R(SV1XV) SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:19:12 -0800
                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: SX1R
Operator(s): SV1XV
Station: SV1XV

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: KM18UA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    -    -
   40:    -    -
   20:    -    -
   15:  429  924
   10:    -    -
-----------------
Total:  429  924  Prefixes = 242  Total Score = 223,608

Club: BARTG

Comments:

I decided to ask for a SX callsign for this year's WPX
contests (RTTY, SSB and CW) so I got SX1R (sounds good on
CW, I am told). As many of you know, greek special callsigns
now use prefixes SX, SY and J4 (and SZ for club operations).
SW is no longer available, as it is reserved for VHF-only
licenses.

Propagation on 15 m was not good, mostly short skip, so I
had very few 3-point QSOs. Propagation to Japan from Greece
was poor, while stations further north (OK, HG, SP) were
working strings of JAs. The path to North America opened
late on Sunday evening (at about 1800z). I worked some
DX like PJ7, P43, KP2 and BY, plus some nice prefixes like
AM, AN, SB, LN, MU3, M3, OR3 (and SX6 on 80).

Radio:    IC-706 MkII (100 W)
Antenna:  vertical
Software: Writelog 10.36g

My log contains also eight QSOs on 3.5 and 7 MHz, so the
total is 437.

The QSL route for SX1A is SV1XV via bureau or direct.

73 Costas SV1XV