[3830] RTTY WPX AE9B/0 M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AE9B/0 M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:08:07 -0800
                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AE9B/0
Operator(s): AE9B, NW0L, W0ZAP, K0LW, KI7WO, N0TT, K0VBU, KG0UA, N0AG, KC0COP
Station: AE9B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: m
Operating Time (hrs): 41

   80:  225   484
   40:  352  1172
   20:  497   762
   15:  502  1025
   10:  332   735
-----------------
Total: 1898  4178  Prefixes = 509  Total Score = 2,126,602

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

1st Multi Multi RTTY contest.
The Kansas City DX Club had 2 Single Ops and this Multi.
Temporary antennas and other equipment made for plenty of preparation.
The KCDXC team is becoming proficient at these set-up, teardown routines.
The 20M beam had to be turned by hand as the wiring for the rotator didn't get
tested before the contest. As it turns out I'm glad, it wasn't another part to
get broken.
RTTY is a tough mode on Equipment.
After several Multi's at this location on other modes without and problems, RTTY
took its toll on two filters and an amplifier.
I guess they were the weak links in the system.
The smell of electrical parts cooking still lingers 12 hours after the end of
the contest.
With 3 radios running and operators somwhat scarce to the new mode, we were able
to get some valuable seat time for 5 new RTTY operators!
Hopefully the seed was a good one, the fertilizer defininately was!
Thanks  for all the QSO's
Tom
AE9B/0