[3830] RTTY WPX HP1/DJ7AA(@HP1XVH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dj7aa-wil@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX HP1/DJ7AA(@HP1XVH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:36:00 -0800
                    CQ/RJ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: HP1/DJ7AA
Operator(s): DJ7AA
Station: HP1XVH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Contadora NA-072
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5

   80:   58   244
   40:  441  2196
   20:  308   741
   15:  684  1743
   10:  706  1941
-----------------
Total: 2197  6865  Prefixes = 574  Total Score = 3,940,510

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Radio:

FT1000D
ACOM 200=A (mostly with 500 W)
Ant:
2ele 80m Force12
4ele 40m KLM
20-10 Force12 C31xr 14ele Triband beam
Titanex LP5

Comments

Here a new good result of the beautiful island of Contadora.
First of all thanks at Gunter HP1XVH and Susanne for its invitation and
hospitality. And thanks to my Mrs. Tina DL6MYL for the outstanding supply during
the Contests.

Starting the contest with not much preparation, no beverage, no
back up system, no second radio, just to have some fun and testing
the bands for the ARRL-CW Contest.
I think, Murphy know this. Middle in the Contest, the main PC shows failure.
He sign with a long PEEP, he wants to go sleep. O well, what doing,
when you not have your log on a second backup computer.

After 2 hours trying to restart the computer, I gave up and started
with a new log by 0. Thanks Writelog, that I was able to generate a
high serial Nr as the first. I believe, other programs don't allow this.
Anyway, the game goes on, but with a lot off frustration, when you don't see
your score climbing up high in the rate sheet. Just the WPX give lots of fun
with his Millions of points. And also with no idea, what's the actual
multiplier will be.

But after all, the result and the new claimed world record let me forget
all the trouble with the Main PC.

A comment about condx:
80m was wide open into EU the second night, but no activity.Only a handfull
    NA and vy few EU heard and wkd.

40m was the best for the contest. Loud signals, low noise push
    the score up high. Excellent JA opening after sunrise on both days
    give me right in chasing my off times.

20m normally my favourite band in Germany brings not much results,band closed
    early into EU, not much JAs coming in, mostly weak and fluttery signals

15m Band opens short after Sunrise in to Europe, but the openings does not
hold
    long after EU sunset. Nothing from Central Asia over the North pole.
    Was much better in CQWW/RTTY. I was wondering about the high JA activity in
the last2 hours of the contest. Its Monday morning there , but everyone
    was on the band.

10m Very good into EU the first day. The second day band closed early and
signals mostly weaker. But it looks very good for this sunspot numbers.

So finally thanks everyone, who has called me, thanks to all the US Boys
bringing up such nice rare prefixes. Congrats to Trey and Glenn on TI5N for such
a fantastic score and in this region.

Anyway, hope to hear all next weekend in the ARRL-Contest

Any comments, if you wish to: dj7aa@qsl.net
See also the nice place at http://www.qsl.net/hp1xvh

73 Wil DJ7AA