[3830] ARRLDX CW WN3VAW SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wn3vaw@fyi.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WN3VAW SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:18:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WN3VAW
Operator(s): WN3VAW
Station: WN3VAW

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Pittsburgh, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  13     13
   20:  20     20
   15:  20     20
   10:  27     27
-------------------
Total:  80     80  Total Score = 19,200

Club: Wireless Association of South Hills

Comments:

A very unremarkable effort, but circumstances are such that I had little
choice.

Because I've been out of work all but 3 of the past 15 months, we have to give
up the house and move to a smaller townhouse soon.  So the shack is in the
process of being dismantled.  The amps and the 2nd & 3rd HF stations are gone,
the computers, tuners, antennas & primary HF station are due to go at the club
hamfest next Sunday.  So it goes.

On top of everything else, fighting the Flu on Friday and most of Saturday, and
digging out from the largest snowstorm in Pittsburgh in over 12 years on Sunday
didn't help matters either.  An indirect effect of the weather was to de-tune
the HF6V on several bands, and knock the HF2V out of commission altogether, so
there went my 80 M CW antenna.

Further handicapping myself as QRP was probably unwise, but I'd already made
that decision before the antennas were affected.  My goal was to work 100
stations & mults in 12 hours, but considering I only operated about 10 total,
I'm happy with my score.  Not thrilled, but it will do.

Hopefully this won't be my last contest for awhile, I'm hoping to find some way
to operate the Phone contest & the CQ WPX contests in March.  That might take a
minor miracle or two right now, but stranger things have happened.

And if it is my last one for awhile, well, at least I enjoyed myself doing it,
all things considered.

73, ron wn3vaw