[3830] ARRLDX CW K1KI M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frenaye@pcnet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1KI M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:36:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1K1, K1CC, KM1P, W1RM, W1UK
Station: K1KI

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   43    34
   80:  445    76
   40: 1175   110
   20: 1129   115
   15: 1516   116
   10: 1134   109
-------------------
Total: 5442   560  Total Score = 9,125,760

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions seem a bit poor Friday night on 80 and 160.  On Saturday we
discovered that the 80m 4-square was not exactly together.   Seems the heavy
load of ice and snow pulled the radials off of each feedpoint, so each vertical
had no ground radials attached.  It's probably been that way for six weeks but
it wasn't obvious until a close examination.  No wonder we suffered.  Plus one
vertical in the 160 4-square was wrapped in a tree making it difficult to load.
Had the usual packet connection problems (RF and Internet).  Otherwise, no
serious problems and we had a lot of fun!  Nice conditions on 15m Saturday
evening.