[3830] ARRLDX CW K4NNN M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4oj@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4NNN M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:06:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4NNN
Operator(s): K4OJ, N4KM
Station: K4NNN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   46    32
   80:  104    61
   40:  284    86
   20:  641    98
   15:  774    94
   10:  506    95
-------------------
Total: 2355   466  Total Score = 3,283,902

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

...a small shwoing but we did have some fun:

....Friday I downloaded new software to show which station was making QSOs on
what band as Multi-2 but it did not work on second position - rig would not QSY
- so ended up deciding to do an old fashioned Multi-Single with two ops taking
turns at one rig, been a long time since gone that far back techno-wise....

I spent way too much time chasing spots and not enough CQing - was pleased with
performance of stn on lower bands and got hooked on DXing ... the six-pak
crapped out again and had to use additional switching scheme to make station QRV
six bands...

Seemed activity was off - lots of 5 and 6 band QSOs but not a lot of rare/exotic
 countries worked - first time not getting DXCC on at least one band in a DX
contest though I sure tried in the last hour on 20 - the blind calling deamons
killed my chances as two different operations QRT'd when the they coukd not
conduct business due to poor calling techniques of my competitors! - i.e. a
typical Sunday afternoon only worse... thank gawd for 9V1YC keeping his pile in
order!

Know what I will be doing all Summer - lots of work to be done on the station!