[3830] ARRLDX CW F6IRF(@F5UGW) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW F6IRF(@F5UGW) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:45:48 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F5UGW

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: JN36
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  891    56
   10:
-------------------
Total:  891    56  Total Score = 149,688

Club:

Comments:

Rig TS850 + PA (500W) - roof-mounted A4S tribander @12m

Modest participation with Raymond's small domestic station.  Condx better than
expected with low SFI and high A; the band remained opened both days for 2 hours

more than the simulations had predicted, with surprising after dark rate-peaks.

To be honnest the monoband cat. is not my "cup of tea": No room for strategy,
too few multipliers making S&P useless; just brutal/endless CQing.  The unique
skill required consists in finding a clear frequency, and trying to keep it...
But it was fun to participate and taking into account the limited time and
energy investment, not too bad at the end, as I only missed the 2 Dakota's and
the usual Canadian north provinces.
Thanks to everybody for the QSO's, and see you soon in another one.
73's Patrick