[3830] ARRLDX CW W8AV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W8AV M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 03:57:51 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): K4LT, AF8A, K8AJS, W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   35    30
   80:  118    61
   40:  256    85
   20:  581   103
   15:  726   100
   10:  584    98
-------------------
Total: 2300   477  Total Score = 3,291,300

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions on the low bands were worse than expected.  We realized after the
start the contest that we could not turn the ten meter beam due to a broken
rotator.  Antenna was stuck pointed at EU for the entire contest, but we still
mamaged to work all the mults that we heard and make a lot of QSO's on that
band..

Internet connection on the packet cluster system croaked at 1800Z on Sunday
which meant that we had to get our extra mults the old fashioned way, by
intensivcely searching for them.

All in all we did pretty well with two full time guys and two part time guys.