[3830] ARRLDX CW K8IA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K8IA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:11:02 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:   34    20
   40:  166    57
   20:  110    49
   15:  134    52
   10:  123    48
-------------------
Total:  567   226  Total Score = 384,226

Club: Central AZ DX Assn

Comments:

IC-765, 100w
GAP Challenger
80M Inv Vee at 25'

Probably my last "hurrah" with this temporary antenna system. Tower should be up
here in 2-3 wks!It has been interesting. ;-)

Oh, "hurrah" means banging my head against the wall for 30 hrs using LP, a puny
antenna system and fighting much less than optimum propagation. I did, however,
enjoy the ease of working into Asia on 40M. Makes it all worth it!There were at
least 2 dozen of the 40m JA's that were as loud as W6's here!

And many BIG TNX to those sharp earred Eu guys who pulled me thru! Since even
the bigtime Eu guys were only a actual S5 or so I cant imagine how weak I was
over there.

73, Bob K8IA
far eastern Mesa, AZ
near the Superstition Mtns