[3830] ARRLDX CW W4MYA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rsmorris@att.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4MYA M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:08:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4MYA
Operator(s): K4GAU, K4WMA, KC8FS, NW4V, W4HZ, W4MYA, W4TNX, WA4PGM, WK4Y, WA8WV
Station: W4MYA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   79    48
   80:  321    74
   40:  982   102
   20: 1335   121
   15: 1558   111
   10: 1084   108
-------------------
Total: 5359   564  Total Score = 9,006,516

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

You have heard all the the snow stories from further north. Here it was very
fine ice pellets/balls with an accumalation of 4" on the ground. Saturday night
was a bust for the low bands with the ice static. Had 3 rotors freeze up.
Had plenty of ops when I went to bed early Saturday morning. When I returned to
the shack about 2 PM it was down to KC8FS, WK4Y, WA8WV and self until the end of
the contest. Sure glad they stayed, otherwise it would have been Single Op/6
transmitters. WK4Y made it home after the contest in his 4X4. KC8FS and WA8WV
got out about noon Monday and am happy to report they made it home safely! The
threat of 12 to 18" of snow sure had a effect..
On to the 160 contest next weekend..
Take care
Bob
W4MYA