[3830] ARRLDX CW W4NF SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4NF SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:51:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   25    22
   80:   99    54
   40:  430    86
   20:  515    91
   15:  452    87
   10:  690    91
-------------------
Total: 2211   431  Total Score = 2,858,823

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My score was down a little from last year (abt. 500K).  We ended up with about
24" of snow over the weekend and the resultant noise on the low bands hurt the
Q/mult totals here.  Also, I could just feel 10 Meters slipping down the Sun
Spot slope.  I had a lot of fun and still managed to beat my brother, Bill W4RM,
who put in a lot less time but has much bigger/higher antennas.  I'll probably
operate this one next year with him from his house, which is only 6 miles from
mine.  Thanks for the Qs and 73, Jack W4NF

Antennas

Force 12 C3E @ 87? (rotatable)
Cushcraft 40-2CD @ 75? (rotatable)
Force 12 C3E @ 58? (fixed on Europe Northeast)
Cushcraft A3S @ 35? (fixed Southeast)
80 Meter Vertical running up the side of the tower (with 64 ground radials)
160 Meter Inverted L also running up the side of the tower (both verticals use

the same feedpoint and ground radials)
80 Meter Dipole @ 60?
Unterminated 580? long Beverage NE/SW

Tower

Rohn 25G 75?
Guyed with 1/4? EHS at 3 places on the tower
Rotor ? Ham IV
(2) 700? long runs of Hardline (3/4? 75 ohm and 7/8? 50 ohm)
24? Chrome Molly Steel Mast

Antenna Switching and Stacking

6 x 2 Array Solutions SixPak
Stack Match (all 3 tribanders are connected to the Stack Match)
Dual Feedline Option (allows second radio to use top antenna in the stack)

Station

Rig                             FT 1000MP
2nd Rig                 IC 751
Amp                             Alpha 374A (160 ? 10 Meters)
Keyer                           Logikey K-3/Bencher Paddle
Mic                             Heil Proset
Computer                        Pentium 100
Logging Software                DX4WIN
Contesting Software     WriteLog
Band Switching          Top Ten Devices Band Decoder
DVK                             MFJ 434
CW Keying                       Top Ten Devices DX Doubler
SO2R Switching          Top Ten Devices DX Doubler
Antenna Switch          WX0B Array Solutions SixPak
Stack Switch                    WX0B Array Solutions Stack Match
Bandpass Filters                ICE Multiband filters