[3830] CQ160 SSB W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:26:31 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 71  State/Prov = 30  Countries = 0  Total Score = 4,530

Club:

Comments:

I am not much of a SSB op, but I wanted to hand out a few contacts to the
deserving.  This is never the contest to use low power and a low wire in, but
the QRN Fri and Sat made it especially bad, and it was almost impossible for me
to work anyone much more than 500 miles away.  My best DX until Sunday morning
was IL (couldn't even get a QRZ out of K8CC).  Sunday morning was a very
different story.  Getting on just before 6 AM local, I managed to pick up AL,
MN, SD, KS, MS, LA, ID and finally K7OX in WA (surprised to see he was running
LP).  Tried hard to get through to K7GP but he couldn't quite pull me through.

There were lots of stations below 1843 but I thought I should follow the band
plan so I stayed above 1843.  It felt like there were two separate contests
being run, with the folks adhearing to the band plan having a distinct
disadvantage.  This is unsatisfactory!

73,  Hal W1NN