[3830] ARRLDX CW V31DJ(W0CP) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W0CP@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V31DJ(W0CP) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:39:19 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: V31DJ
Operator(s): W0CP
Station: V31DJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BELIZE
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  196    49
   80:  451    56
   40:  754    58
   20: 1060    59
   15: 1056    60
   10: 1141    57
-------------------
Total: 4658   339  Total Score = 4,737,186

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

The reggae band on Friday night and the tropical birds at sunrise and sunset
were a wonderful accompaniment to the skilled CW operators who kept me in high
spirits for this 48 hour contest. The station worked well, though many dB's were
lost in the water logged coax and rusty A3 that have been through one too many
hurricanes. We'll get those fixed for the next one. The portable 15m high
inverted L over salt water for 160m seemed to play well. Thanks to my host,
V31MD, for making me a custom operating desk, complete with a keyboard side
table and for the cooler of ice cold Cokes that kept me going. And
congratulations to the fine operators who outscored me, despite my best efforts.
73, Walt W0CP/V31DJ