[3830] CQ160 SSB SO2R(@SP2FAX) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB SO2R(@SP2FAX) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:43:19 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: SO2R
Operator(s): US5WDX, SP2FAX
Station: SP2FAX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 758  State/Prov = 10  Countries = 63  Total Score = 287,182

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

We took part in this one not full available time but primarily
to test some experimental technical changes to the Kaz's
setups on top band, which are made lately.
 Worked old fashion style with no cluster or network, unfortunately
with beer and vodka - unavoided due to too many unexpected
guests in shack both evenings untill late night, but they weren't
an obstacle to find out that some 6 db were added to
the  transmitted signal in some important directions, and
recently so annoying noise from SE and SW on beveriges was succesfully
reduced by good 20 db. To our discontent, each of both sunrises
antennas were covered by ice and min.SWR was at the bottom of CW,
were I hate to transmit in SSB, so our radiated power was down a bit.

 Except of few still mad EU pile-ups, QRM wasn't so bad,it even helps sometimes.
Big fun was to struggle for frequency with Klaus DJ4PT (S9+60db at times!),who
suddenly came just 1.8 kHz up. By synchronizing CQing machine with his, we 2
made allmost 8 kc in the middle of the band completely qrm-free on our receive,
and what a relax and
thrill was to be called by Steve, VK6VZ S9-9+ 10 minutes later!

 On the contrary, quite sad was to listen to Sam, RN6BN saying in despair that
this is his last 160 ssb contest, because so big qrm and
so hard to work multipliers from North America. If more people
like him and the rest of RW6AWT team will do so,this contest
may slowly start to be forgotten , like so many others in the past,
unfortunately... and he is partly right. We do excuse guys in
NA because of the noise you suffered this time, but it was so
frustrating when a few of you after finally starting to listen
to poor weak EU and being not able to complete my call, after
trying of all possible US combinations (like KO2R,NO2R,WO2R etc.)from master
data, finally asking to call later (after my sun up? :-)), or
answering to the next W/VE. Are we able to work these days
only DX which are 59+ or spotted in DX cluster? Hey, 160 SSB contest
is also called World Wide DX, so please respect it. Neglecting
my EU qso rate, despite that I allready had VA in log, I spent
at least 10 min. calling W4MYA and finally worked him, thanks Bob.
Just because he was a DX and thats brings us most of enjoyment,
isn't it?

Something else, now addressed to the east. Kaz (they still know russian
language well here in Poland), many times angree but laughing was repeating
"ruskij cheater" and showing me the next top or not so high scoring UA,LY,UR
etc., who were going above 1890-1900 and running noncontest 59-59 qso's in
russian with hundreds of still very active on this band CIS stations. But much
more than a half of those worked were having no idea about what was really going
on, and because of never being informed, those people are afraid to give anyone
a contest report, often incorrectly scared of possible punishment, because they
don't know how to send their logs (not sending it in some domestic competitions
really may be punishable). And so no contest reports (numbers) were sent, but
obviously were logged by those few "smart guys" as CQWW 160 SSB - in "good old"
style of that famous UL7 record...
 All UA/UR qso's in SO2R log here were entered upon reports sent/received, those
20+- accidentally calling me UA/UR stations were informed about contest in
shortened detailes and were invited to take part, and if no conscious consent
was heard from the caller, his callsighn was deleted.
 So dear CIS friends, why wouldn't you do at least the same? Yes,often it is a
waste of time, but it definitely will bring in some more people from that part
of the world next year, and everybody will just appreciate your effort and
hopefully the logs of East EU stations in the future will not be judged with
maximal penalty charge for inavitable "incorrect" qso's.  Surely you would like
to work "legally" 50 UA9/UA0, 10-15 4K/4J/EK/ER/EX/EY/EZ/UK/UN (or at least one
of each)... So why keep those hundreds of fellows uninformed and every year feed
your private ego with "personal gun meat"? We do believe that you don't like
what you do, its disgusting.

 Ok, too much of comments, will not take your time anymore.
Please don't feel anger for anything, we are not to complaine
or start any discussion here, and not looking for enemies,hi. We are a good guys
and looking for friends WW.
Thanks to anyone,GL!
73 and greetings from still cold and snowy north-western Poland.

Roman US5WDX