[3830] ARRLDX SSB K8CC M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K8CC M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:33:32 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC, K8KHZ, KE8OC, N8NX, W8MJ, WD8S
Station: K8CC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   22    20
   80:   90    52
   40:  260    78
   20:  425   108
   15:  874   112
   10:  400   100
-------------------
Total: 2071   470  Total Score = 2,920,110

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A very strange DX contest indeed from here in the Midwest.  WWV looked
reasonable, bands sounded active, but propagation was just not what it seemed.
10M was the strangest - it would seem to open both days but we would CQ and CQ
without success.  (This doesn't happen very often with 5/5/5 and legal limit
power.)  Yet, we could CQ and run reasonable rates to JA on 10M on both Saturday
and Sunday nights local time.  We had almost as many JA's as EU's on that band!
Wierd.

The low bands were really noisy here Saturday night.  40M seemed above average
and we were able to CQ to both EU and JA both nights (not a certain occurance
from this far north).

Still, it was a good weekend.  We continue to evolve our team and train new
operators, and that's what it's about for this station owner.

73,

Dave/K8CC