[3830] ARRLDX SSB N3UM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N3UM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:48:03 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:   53    30
   40:   65    41
   20:  264    72
   15:  293    71
   10:  200    69
-------------------
Total:  875   283  Total Score = 742,875

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Sat. AM, conditions on 10 very poor: only 11 EU stations worked, in 10
countries, all but two running 400 W. to 1 kW, none loud.  No DL, G, YU, or SP
heard!  Mostly worked NA, SA, and AF multipliers.  On 15, mediocre: signals
weak, hard to get a run going.  Sun. AM more like expected on 10: lots of loud
100-Watt EU stations.  Despite all, largest QSO total for me in any SSB DX
contest (by 2!).  Multipliers on high bands down 15-20% from my best-previous
SSB DX contest numbers, but up 13% on low bands (maybe I tried harder on low
bands, always a challenge on SSB).  Always enjoy finding exotic multipliers, or
having them answer a CQ: in this contest D2, J8, S9, SU, V5.