[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4EU(@WB4LSG) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4eu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4EU(@WB4LSG) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:40:45 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4EU
Operator(s): K4EU, WB4LSG, KC4CMG
Station: WB4LSG

Class: M/S LP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   5      5
   15:  40     32
   10:  42     30
-------------------
Total:  87     67  Total Score = 17,487

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We operated from my brother's (WB4LSG)QTH in Lexington, KY.  We turned his rig
on Sunday afternoon to see what we could work with 50 watts to a 80m dipole up
15 feet before settling down to the real event of the day -- watching the #2
college basketball team in the nation University of Kentucky Wildcats beat up on
the University of Georgia. This was first exposure to contesting for my niece,
KC4CMG.  I think she might be hooked, and I know that she got a thrill out of DX
asking "who's the YL" while trying to copy our relatively weak signal.
73....//Steve K4EU