[3830] Rus DX 9A7P(9A6XX) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hrle@ipazin.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX 9A7P(9A6XX) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 04:57:11 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: 9A7P
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: 9A7P

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Pazin Downtown
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0     0
   80:  309    80
   40:  253    79
   20:  489   100
   15:  422    92
   10:  146    48
-------------------
Total: 1619   399  Total Score = 4,710,594

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

TS440S (100W)
2 element Quad (20, 15, 10m) fixed to north
dipoles 40 and 80m

943 UA stations and 171 DX stations were logged.
Best hour 118 qsos (15m CW) 1300-1400z
Worst hour 37 qsos
Highest last 100 rate: 122,8
Highest last 10 rate: 245,2

10m: out of 146 qsos 120 qsos were with UA, only 12 other DXCC (JA, BA, SU, CT3,
4L, A6, EX, EY, UN and only 3 other then UA DXCC from EU: 9A, DL and OH).
Expected lot more but real short skip never happend.

15m: had a blast and made my best hour here. SSB wasnt that succesful but CW
rocked out! No complains.

20m: standardly good, but the only station worked from the more western side of
the states was N6ZZ (also the only one worked whole sunday morning)

40m: expected much more from this band but I just couldnt find a real spot for
CQing - band was more crowded then in CQWW plus a lot of QRM from BARTG guys.
40m was sure a reason why my lowest rate was only 37.

80m: had few runs but only 1 NA worked (K3NA), noise level was very high. Think
I got some RF into PC which confused CT and started to count numbers wrong (?),
and radio control went crazy changing modes (but not bands?!) at his own will.

160m: I gotta work up with this band in future, it would raise my score for a
million with at least new 40 mults.

Overall: Goal was 1500 qsos and 5M. Got personal best in Q's ever from this
little station in the center of the town. Fantastic rates, first 7 hours got me
700 qsos. Condx were poor but still I could hear UA just about anytime and
anywhere. Wished there were some short skips on upper bands to get the Europe
mults but bands opened well only in the last 2 hours when I've worked almost 40
new mults (including ones like SP, F, IK).
What makes me happy is that I still have a lot of space for improving!

Hrle - 9A6XX