[3830] ARRLDX CW OH2BH(OH2JTE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh2jte@luukku.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OH2BH(OH2JTE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:26:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH2JTE
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:    6     6
   80:  136    30
   40:  413    55
   20:  432    55
   15:  430    52
   10:  151    35
-------------------
Total: 1568   232  Total Score = 1,066,968

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Well, what could I say... Propagation really made contesting at 60 degrees
north quite challenging. Most of the time, I had to beam to about 230 degrees
because of heavy aurora absorbed my signal in polar path (normally we beam to
315 degrees for NA). But everything was set up,  so giving up wasn?t an option,

event ought sometimes I found myself thinking the true meaning of contesting and
wondering how low can the rate go.

While calling CQ and tuning the bands with another radio, I also had time
to think what kind of a result could one do with such a station as OH2BH, if
the set-up would have been a couple of thousand kilometres more south.

The set-up used:
2 X FT1000MP Mark V + Pa´s

Tower 1 (42 meters):
160m: 2el inv-vee
80m: dipole
20m: 6-over-6 yagis
15m: 6el yagi
10m: 6el yagi

Tower 2 (48 meters):
80m: 3el yagi
20/15/10m: 3 X staked 10el tribanders (JP2000)

Tower 3 (36 meters):
40m: 3el yagi
20m: 4el yagi
15m: 4el yagi
10m: 4el yagi

Because of low rates, I had a lot of time for playing with SO2R and very
effectively S&P and move guys around the bands. Thank you for QSO´s and
all QSY´s I asked. Every single QSO was very appreciated!

73 de Toni OH2JTE