[3830] WPX SSB SM3W SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB SM3W SOAB HP
From: "Mikael Larsmark" <sm3wmv@bredband.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:08:26 +0200
Hello!

I went home for this contest (a break in the studies) to participate a
few hours. It ended with 12h operating time which was quite
enough because of no voice keyer (had problems with RFI).

This far north the conditions were really poor. I had the beam
pointing towards Europe during the whole time because there were
not any good propagations towards any other direction than
EU/Africa. Only NA worked was KL7RA and he was quite loud.
20M was the only band that worked out for me. I didn't try 80m
because that antenna is tuned for the CW part and I didn't want to
climb the tower now because it's quite slippery.

Some nice stations worked during the contest : CN2R, 3V8BB,
SU9NC, 5U7JB, ST0RY, ZS0M, 9G5MD, ZL6QH, XT2TI, A45WD,
3W2XK, CN8RM, VK6LW, ZW5B and others. Some of those
actually called me :-)

2003         MODE:PHONE

CQ World-Wide WPX Contest

CALL: SM3W