[3830] WPX SSB IO4T(IK4VET) SO(TS)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4vet@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB IO4T(IK4VET) SO(TS)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:51:10 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: IO4T
Operator(s): IK4VET
Station: IO4T

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH: MODENA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   46
   80:  227
   40:  298
   20:  705
   15:  709
   10:  144
------------

Club:

Comments:

Nice contest, first time as SOAB runnig full time. Thank's to Alessio IZ4EFN who
helped me before contest, I tried to operate SO2R. Somethig to improve but nice
experience.

Saturday first hours on 40m low rates and big problem to find a quite free fx.
(As often is) so i decided to S&P. 80m pretty good,  some W's logged too. (used
a dipole).
Worked 40m during mornig but low rates. 10m very poor only south america, Russia
and some European Big one. A bit better 15. Good opening to far east on 15
during afternoons. Evening good 20m but never really opened to JA's and later to
US too.
Sunday 40m still difficulty to keep a fx. I think is needed more power. Mornig
vy good to JA, i haven't heavy pile up but long row vy nice to work.
Still bad 10m where worked just a US station (KQ2M) beamig to south east (!)
On 15m still logged JA's in the afternoon, nice to receive A35WE call. Opening
to W's starded with some W6, W7, W0 qsos (!) with vy heavy QSB. Bad evening on
20m just some south american qso so I tried 40 an 80 to finish.
Very tired but great fun!

Setup:
ANT:
KT34A + 40m loop + dipoles