[3830] WPX SSB PJ2T(N8BJQ) SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sbolia@woh.rr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB PJ2T(N8BJQ) SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:46:27 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: PJ2T

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 29

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2252
   10:
------------

Club: SWODXA

Comments:

Very strange contest.  Started out like gangbusters with 650Q' in the first 4
hours on Friday.  Went to bed thinking this was going to be fun and I'd wake up
to a nice European run Saturday AM.  Boy was I wrong.  The rest of the weekend
was NOT fun.  I probably averaged 2 - 3 CQ's per Q most of the rest of the time.
 Should have brought the voice keyer.  Some stations were very loud but could
not hear me.  I called A61AJ for 15 minutes and never got any response - later
on he would call in when he was not nearly as loud.  Western Europe was not
heard until Sunday around 3:00. I had a 1.5 hr spurt into EU then which got
about 50 much needed mults and made the score a bit more respectable.  At 2230
the power went out.  N8NR, who was having even more fun on 10M low power as
PJ2C, and I waited a few minutes for it to come back on while we weighed the
option of dragging out the generator and firing it up for the last hour, or to
go to supper.  Guess which option won (SUPPER).  We stumbled around in the dark
to shower and headed into town with our wives for a gourmet meal at Denny's.
Thanks to all the US guys who worked me and to the EU guys who were very patient
when I did manage to get thier attention.