[3830] WPX SSB WH7Z(K9QQ) SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9qq@hawaii.rr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WH7Z(K9QQ) SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:10:40 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WH7Z
Operator(s): K9QQ
Station: KH7R

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  683
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  683  Prefixes = 316  Total Score = 1,270,636

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

New Oceania record!  Conditions were excellent the first night.  WM4RM and
NT6K
were S9+ here almost an hour before local sunset.  Rates were excellent once the
band really opened and stayed there through the Asia opening.  The second night
was a different story. Mainland guys were loud again before sunset, and I heard
an S5 TM5C, but as the band openned static quickly built up to S9 and stayed
there all night.  It never dissipated and made for a loooong night. There were
at least 30-40 stations, especially toward Asia that I could tell
were calling below the static, but just couldn't understand.

Thanks to Ken, KH7R, for making the station available and Mike, KH6ND, as
always, for his
herculean efforts getting things set up.

Thanks for all the Q's

73, Brian
K9QQ/KH6